Weekly Check-in and Payment
All parents must check in their student each week!
The only payment options available are weekly payments or total semester prepayments. No other options are available. We ask that you do not prepay for a few weeks at a time, this makes record-keeping difficult for the instructor.
Cash Payment - Please put class fee in an envelope with student’s first and last name on the outside of the envelope. Drop envelope into the check-in box. There is no need to wait in line unless you do not have an envelope.
Check Payment - Make checks payable to ACTIVSTARS. Put the student’s first and last name in the “memo” area of the check (lower left-hand corner). Checks must be pre-printed with current address. A phone number and a driver’s license number are required for all checks. As long as your student's name is written clearly in the "memo" section, you can drop the check into the check-in box (no envelope necessary).
Please Note: Checks returned for non-sufficient funds or closed accounts are recovered by a check recovery company and will be assessed a penalty fee (the maximum allowed by law) plus all costs of collection will be added to all returned checks. Payment for returned checks, must be made to the check recovery company. ACTIVSTARS & its employees can not accept payment on returned items.
Prepaid - Students who prepay for the entire semester will receive a “receipt” at the time of registration indicating a full payment has been made. This receipt should be kept in a safe place for the duration of the session as “verification” that a full semester payment had been made in case there are any discrepancies. If your student is prepaid, you will still need to sign them in each and every week of class on the sign-in sheets located at the check-in-table.
Importance of "signing-in" your student: Parents are required to sign-in their student by 1) bubbling in “present” next to students name 2) signing (parent signature) and writing the amount paid - attendance sheets are located by the check-in box. Students cannot sign themselves in for class-a parent or guardian must be present because a parent signature is required – this is for the benefit of your child’s safety!
We know that there may be times when your child can not attend class. Missed classes, can be made up by attending two classes back-to-back (their regular class and the class either before or after their regular class). Make-up classes must be pre-paid or paid the day the make-up is done.
Please inform the class secretary at the check-in table that your child will be taking (2) classes, one of them being a make up class. The secretary will give your child a yellow wristband to wear, that states they are a "makeup student". Don’t forget to explain to your child when they are doing a make up class.
All missed classes must be made up BEFORE belt rank testing (martial arts), colored pom tryouts (cheer) or wristband tryouts (yell leaders). Students without perfect attendance will receive a certificate and medal. Students may make the classes up the following semester, and test before the next scheduled test.
Your Child's Safety is Our #1 Priority!
Please, physically walk your child to and from the facility and teaching area; we do not want children going outside alone. Do not drop off your child and drive away without first ensuring that the classroom is open and the instructor is present. It is required that you, as parent or guardian, sign your child in every week so that accurate perfect attendance records can be kept!
If you wait in your car during your child’s class, please come inside 5 minutes prior to the end of class to walk your child out to your car. Please explain to your child the he/she is required to wait in our holding area, until you pick them up after class. All students are required to wait in a holding area, students will not be allowed to leave or wait outside!
Exception to this rule applies only if a parent signs a Walker Release Form giving the student permission to walk to and from class without an adult.
PLEASE be on time for pick-up! Our instructors do their best to respect your time, so please respect theirs.
We do not give refunds for prepaid students after the third week of class. This is due to fixed insurance costs occurred by the fourth week of class. Any refunds after the third week of class will be issued as class credit vouchers. Registration fees and classes already taken will not be refunded. Refund requests must be submitted in writing to the ACTIVSTARS office. No refunds are given for apparel, that has been worn or used. Merchandise must be returned to the ACTIVSTARS office. The refund process can take as long as 8 weeks.
ACTIVSTARS communicates with parents and students through written communication such as notes and fliers regarding upcoming events, class cancellations, etc.
If a class must be cancelled due to a school activity, etc., we will issue a note usually the week prior to the cancellation. If your child misses a class, please call the ACTIVSTARS office or log-on to our website at www.activstars.com to view missed class notes, class calendars, and other up to date information.
PLEASE READ THE HANDOUTS YOUR STUDENT BRINGS HOME FROM EVERY CLASS!
Parent Helpers and Spectators
We take great steps to provide the safest, uninterrupted learning environment for your child. Parents are invited to watch the first lesson and the awards program. Spectators are discouraged during regular classes as children get easily distracted and may not focus on the instructor’s instructions. An environment with minimal distractions provides a better learning atmosphere. Please respect our “no spectator rule”.
To prevent unwanted guests and strangers in the classroom, ACTIVSTARS, our sponsors, and facilities require everyone to sign-in on the forms provided. Parents are encouraged to volunteer as “Parent Helpers”. Volunteers are needed in each class to assist the instructor. Parents, when volunteering as helpers please read and sign the Parent Helper Sign-In Sheet located by the check-in box. All parent helpers must also wear a Parent Helper I.D. badge, which will be given after sign-in. Parent Helpers must sign in each week.
Parent Helpers Guidelines
If you sign in as a Parent Helper, then you will be required to assist with class. Parent Helpers are not allowed to sit down and merely observe the class. If we allow this then other parents will view this as unfair. Due to facility size constraints, instructors reserve the right to limit the number of parent helpers needed.
- Please sign the Parent Helper sign-in sheet before assisting class.
- Please do not bring other children to class!
- Parent Helpers at no time may discipline students, always alert the Instructor to problems. ALWAYS BE COURTEOUS & POLITE WHEN TALKING WITH STUDENTS & PARENTS.
- Please use a calm and reassuring tone of voice while talking to students.
- Use positive reinforcement towards students. Example “Good job, you’re doing very well!” Never “belittle a student.”
- Parent Helpers must always go in pairs when escorting students to bathrooms, and must wait outside the door. If no other Parent Helpers are available, have the class secretary or advanced student assist you. Parent Helpers are not allowed to enter the restroom with the students.
- Please be as quiet as possible during class; noisy helpers will be asked to wait outside.
- Parent Helpers at no time may get into instructor’s inventory, drop box, or class roster book. See instructor for assistance.
- Please dress in appropriate clothing to assist class. Example, do not wear bikini tops, mini skirts, t-shirts with foul language, etc. Tennis shoes are highly recommended.
Helpful tasks to assist instructor/coach
- Guard all exits, do not allow students to leave the facility unless with a parent or guardian.
- Keep a helpful eye on students in class, look for students who may have to use the bathroom or who may be getting sick. Watch for dangerous situations and advise the instructor immediately.
- Help with lining up students and preparing students for class.
- Watch instructor’s teaching gear and belongings.
- Help instructor to keep facility clean and put back into order at the end of class.
- Help with holding body shields, etc.
ACTIVSTARS takes great pride in offering high quality, low-cost programs for children. To maintain the lowest possible program costs, ACTIVSTARS must offset rising expenses by doing various fundraisers. These funds offset increasing insurance costs, class awards, instructor equipment, class notes, and other rising expenses.
Some examples of our internal program fundraisers are: special PROMO offers (limited time sales) of merchandise and having students sell certain items for fun prizes.
Code of Conduct & Facility Rules
We would like the support of everyone involved with our organization in following a few simple rules, which our staff will enforce, and are required by the schools or facilities where we teach.
- All school facilities require a smoke-free environment. Please do not smoke while on school or other facility grounds.
- Anyone on facility grounds while our programs are being taught who is suspected of consuming or being under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants will be asked to leave. If he/she refuses to do so, the authorities will be called.
- All facilities require that our instructors leave the teaching area and restrooms in the exact condition in which they were found. If these areas are left dirty or damaged in any way, our programs could be cancelled. Please assist us in keeping our teaching facilities clean by stressing the importance of this to your child.
- Please help us monitor by notifying the instructor if anyone is being destructive to the facility. Please keep close tabs on your children. Do not let them be in or around the facility without adult supervision.
- All facilities require that parents of students remain in designated teaching areas. Wandering around the facility is NOT permitted.
- When bringing your child to class - arrive ONLY 10-minutes before your scheduled class time.
- Park in designated parking areas. Parking in fire lanes may result in your car being ticketed or possible loss of facility use entirely!
- All children are prohibited from playing on the school playgrounds.
- Pets, food and drink (except water) are not allowed in the facility (there are NO exceptions).
- If the Instructor/Coach requests spectators to wait outside due to lack of space or distractions, please respect his/her wishes.
- Please encourage good sportsmanship and demonstrate positive support for all students, instructors/coaches, and officials at every class and event.
Thank you for your cooperation.